I will give you as a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth. Isaiah 49:6b
Saint and Major Saints' Days
Their sound has gone out into all lands, and their message to the ends of the world. Psalm 19:4
Confession of Sin
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. AmenThe Invitatory and Psalter Lord, open our lips. And our mouth shall proclaim your praise
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen Alleluia
Come, let us sing to the Lord;
let us shout for joy to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving
and raise a loud shout to him with psalms.
For the Lord is a great God,
and a great King above all gods.
In his hand are the caverns of the earth,
and the heights of the hills are his also.
The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands have molded the dry land.
Come, let us bow down, and bend the knee,
and kneel before the Lord our Maker.
For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture and the sheep of his hand.
Oh, that today you would hearken to his voice!
(53) Indignation has taken hold of me Because of the wicked, who forsake Your law. (54) Your statutes have been my songs In the house of my pilgrimage. (55) I remember Your name in the night, O LORD, And I keep Your law. (56) This has become mine, Because I kept Your precepts.
(57) You are my portion, O LORD; I have said that I would keep Your words. (58) I entreated Your favor with my whole heart; Be merciful to me according to Your word. (59) I thought about my ways, And turned my feet to Your testimonies. (60) I made haste, and did not delay To keep Your commandments.
(61) The cords of the wicked have bound me, But I have not forgotten Your law. (62) At midnight I will rise to give thanks to You, Because of Your righteous judgments. (63) I am a companion of all who fear You, And of those who keep Your precepts. (64) The earth, O LORD, is full of Your mercy; Teach me Your statutes.
(65) You have dealt well with Your servant, O LORD, according to Your word. (66) Teach me good judgment and knowledge, For I believe Your commandments. (67) Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word. (68) You are good, and do good; Teach me Your statutes.
(69) The proud have forged a lie against me, But I will keep Your precepts with my whole heart. (70) Their heart is as fat as grease, But I delight in Your law. (71) It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes. (72) The law of Your mouth is better to me Than thousands of coins of gold and silver.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.
Isaiah Chapter 49
(5) And now the LORD says, Who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant, To bring Jacob back to Him, So that Israel is gathered to Him ( For I shall be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, And My God shall be My strength), (6) Indeed He says, 'It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob, And to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.' ' (7) Thus says the LORD, The Redeemer of Israel, their Holy One, To Him whom man despises, To Him whom the nation abhors, To the Servant of rulers: 'Kings shall see and arise, Princes also shall worship, Because of the LORD who is faithful, The Holy One of Israel; And He has chosen You.' (8) Thus says the LORD: 'In an acceptable time I have heard You, And in the day of salvation I have helped You; I will preserve You and give You As a covenant to the people, To restore the earth, To cause them to inherit the desolate heritages;
(9) That You may say to the prisoners, 'Go forth,' To those who are in darkness, 'Show yourselves.' 'They shall feed along the roads, And their pastures shall be on all desolate heights. (10) They shall neither hunger nor thirst, Neither heat nor sun shall strike them; For He who has mercy on them will lead them, Even by the springs of water He will guide them. (11) I will make each of My mountains a road, And My highways shall be elevated. (12) Surely these shall come from afar; Look! Those from the north and the west, And these from the land of Sinim.'
The Word of the Lord.Thanks be to God.
Galatians Chapter 2
(15) We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, (16) knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. (17) But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! (18) For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
(19) For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. (20) I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (21) I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.'
The Word of the Lord.Thanks be to God.
Mark Chapter 6
(17) For Herod himself had sent and laid hold of John, and bound him in prison for the sake of Herodias, his brother Philip's wife; for he had married her. (18) For John had said to Herod, 'It is not lawful for you to have your brother's wife.' (19) Therefore Herodias held it against him and wanted to kill him, but she could not; (20) for Herod feared John, knowing that he was a just and holy man, and he protected him. And when he heard him, he did many things, and heard him gladly.
(21) Then an opportune day came when Herod on his birthday gave a feast for his nobles, the high officers, and the chief men of Galilee. (22) And when Herodias' daughter herself came in and danced, and pleased Herod and those who sat with him, the king said to the girl, 'Ask me whatever you want, and I will give it to you.' (23) He also swore to her, 'Whatever you ask me, I will give you, up to half of my kingdom.' (24) So she went out and said to her mother, 'What shall I ask?' And she said, 'The head of John the Baptist!'
(25) Immediately she came in with haste to the king and asked, saying, 'I want you to give me at once the head of John the Baptist on a platter.' (26) And the king was exceedingly sorry; yet, because of the oaths and because of those who sat with him, he did not want to refuse her. (27) Immediately the king sent an executioner and commanded his head to be brought. And he went and beheaded him in prison, (28) brought his head on a platter, and gave it to the girl; and the girl gave it to her mother.
(29) When his disciples heard of it, they came and took away his corpse and laid it in a tomb.
The Gospel of the Lord.
Thanks be to God.
Glory to God
Glory to God in the highest,
and peace to his people on earth.
Lord God, heavenly King,
almighty God and Father,
we worship you, we give you thanks,
we praise you for your glory.
Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
you take away the sin of the world:
have mercy on us;
you are seated at the right hand of the Father:
receive our prayer.
For you alone are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
The Apostles' Creed I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only son, our Lord.  He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.  He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.  He descended to the dead.  On the third day he rose again.  He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.  He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church,  the communion of saints,  the forgiveness of sins,  the resurrection of the body,  and the life everlasting. Amen.
The Lord be with you.
People :  And with your Spirit.
Officiant : Let us pray.
The Lord's Prayer
Show us your mercy, O Lord;
And grant us your salvation.
Clothe your ministers with righteousness;
Let your people sing with joy.
Give peace, O Lord, in all the world;
For only in you can we live in safety.
Lord, keep this nation under your care;
And guide us in the way of justice and truth.
Let your way be known upon earth;
Your saving health among all nations.
Let not the needy, O Lord, be forgotten;
Nor the hope of the poor be taken away.
Create in us clean hearts, O God;
And sustain us by your Holy Spirit.
Seasonal Collect: Third Sunday after the Epiphany Collect of the Day:
Give us grace, O Lord, to answer readily the call of our Savior Jesus Christ and proclaim to all people the Good News of his salvation, that we and the whole world may perceive the glory of his marvelous works; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Collect of the Day:Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. A Prayer for Mission: Lord Jesus Christ, you stretched out your arms of love on the hard wood of the cross that everyone might come within the reach of your saving embrace: So clothe us in your Spirit that we, reaching forth our hands in love, may bring those who do not know you to the knowledge and love of you; for the honor of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory, and, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.