Grace to you and peace from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ. Phillipians 1:2
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
The Invitatory Psalms
The following Antiphon may be sung or said with the Invitatory PsalmThe earth is the Lord's for he made it: Come let us adore him.
Venite Psalm 95:1-7
Come, let us sing to the Lord;
let us shout for joy to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving
and raise a loud shout to him with psalms.
For the Lord is a great God,
and a great King above all gods.
In his hand are the caverns of the earth,
and the heights of the hills are his also.
The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands have molded the dry land.
Come, let us bow down, and bend the knee,
and kneel before the Lord our Maker.
For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture and the sheep of his hand.
Oh, that today you would hearken to his voice!
(5) Do not lift up your horn on high; Do not speak with a stiff neck.' ' (6) For exaltation comes neither from the east Nor from the west nor from the south. (7) But God is the Judge: He puts down one, And exalts another. (8) For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, And the wine is red; It is fully mixed, and He pours it out; Surely its dregs shall all the wicked of the earth Drain and drink down.
(9) But I will declare forever, I will sing praises to the God of Jacob. (10) All the horns of the wicked I will also cut off, But the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.'
(5) The stouthearted were plundered; They have sunk into their sleep; And none of the mighty men have found the use of their hands. (6) At Your rebuke, O God of Jacob, Both the chariot and horse were cast into a dead sleep. (7) You, Yourself, are to be feared; And who may stand in Your presence When once You are angry? (8) You caused judgment to be heard from heaven; The earth feared and was still,
(9) When God arose to judgment, To deliver all the oppressed of the earth. Selah (10) Surely the wrath of man shall praise You; With the remainder of wrath You shall gird Yourself. (11) Make vows to the LORD your God, and pay them; Let all who are around Him bring presents to Him who ought to be feared. (12) He shall cut off the spirit of princes; He is awesome to the kings of the earth.
(5) When his enemies were threatening him from every side, he prayed to the mighty Lord Most High, and his prayer was answered with a hailstorm of devastating force. (6) The Lord hurled the hail down on the enemy and destroyed them at the pass at Beth Horon, so that the nations would realize how strong Joshua was, since he was fighting as a devoted follower of the Lord. (7) Joshua was loyal as long as Moses lived, both he and Caleb son of Jephunneh. They stood up to the whole community, made them stop their ungrateful complaining, and kept them from sinning. (8) Out of the , Israelites who marched through the wilderness, these two were the only ones spared and allowed to enter the rich and fertile land that was to be theirs.
(9) The Lord made Caleb strong, and when he was an old man, he was still strong enough to go up into the hill country and capture it for himself and his descendants. (10) Then all of Israel could see how good it is to follow the Lord.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
2 Corinthians 13
(5) Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you? -- unless indeed you are disqualified. (6) But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified. (7) Now I pray to God that you do no evil, not that we should appear approved, but that you should do what is honorable, though we may seem disqualified. (8) For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
(9) For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. And this also we pray, that you may be made complete. (10) Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the authority which the Lord has given me for edification and not for destruction. (11) Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. (12) Greet one another with a holy kiss.
(13) All the saints greet you. (14) The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(5) And they reasoned among themselves, saying, 'If we say, 'From heaven,' He will say, 'Why then did you not believe him?' (6) But if we say, 'From men,' all the people will stone us, for they are persuaded that John was a prophet.' (7) So they answered that they did not know where it was from. (8) And Jesus said to them, 'Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.'
The Gospel of the Lord.
Thanks be to God.
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,   hallowed be thy Name,   thy kingdom come, thy will be done,   on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.   And forgive us our trespasses,   as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation,   but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom,   and the power, and the glory,  forever and ever. Amen.
V. Show us your mercy, O Lord;
R. And grant us your salvation.
V. Clothe your ministers with righteousness;
R. Let your people sing with joy.
V. Give peace, O Lord, in all the world;
R. For only in you can we live in safety.
V. Lord, keep this nation under your care;
R. And guide us in the way of justice and truth.
V. Let your way be known upon earth;
R. Your saving health among all nations.
V. Let not the needy, O Lord, be forgotten;
R. Nor the hope of the poor be taken away.
V. Create in us clean hearts, O God;
R. And sustain us by your Holy Spirit.
The Collect of the Day: Proper 5 The Sunday closest to June 8
A Time for Personal Prayers and Reflection
This is a time to pause, reflect and listen.
Before the close of the Office, one or both of the prayers below may be used
The General Thanksgiving
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen. -- or --
A Prayer of St. Chrysostom
Almighty God, you have given us grace at this time with one accord to make our common supplication to you; and you have promised through your well-beloved Son that when two or three are gathered together in his Name you will be in the midst of them: Fulfill now, O Lord, our desires and petitions as may be best for us; granting us in this world knowledge of your truth, and in the age to come life everlasting. Amen.
Then may be said
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with us all evermore. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13:14
May the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace in believing through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Romans 15:13
Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine: Glory to him from generation to generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21
This concludes the Daily Morning Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord